News on our policy work
Several Member States urge EU action on EDCs
A group of European environment ministers have called on the EU Commission to strengthen its chemical legislation particularly regarding the regulation of EDCs and nanomaterials. Read more…
“Getting Ready for Baby campaign” launched
HEAL is one of 70 organisations supporting a US campaign to get baby-focused retailers to commit to getting rid of some of the most hazardous chemicals in their products. Read more...
Environmental Stressors in Disease and Implications for Human Health
HEAL participated at the fourth PPTOX conference in Boston on prenatal programming and toxicity, looking at the fetal and early postnatal development origins of health and disease. Read more...
Public consultation on EDC criteria
The EU Commission’s public consultation on the criteria to be used to identify endocrine disrupting chemicals in the EU biocides and pesticides legislation is open until 16 January 2015. Read more...
Conference on hormone associated cancers and EDCs in French Senate
In order to understand the increase of breast cancer cases in France, environmental factors especially EDCs exposure need to be taken in to account. This was the central theme of a recent conference in which HEAL participated. Read more…
Read more news here
Public consultation on EDC criteria – Deadline 16 January 2015
European Ombudsman launches public consultation into TTIP transparence - Deadline 30 October 2014
- 19: CHE call: BPA and Health: New Research Focuses on Routes of Exposure
- 27, Bonn, Germany: Meeting of the WHO Network on Environmental Health Economics
- 1, Brussels, Belgium: EEB celebrates 40 years of environmental action
- 8 - 10, Helsinki, Finland: HEAL participates at ECHA Member State Committee
- 15 - 17, Geneva, Switzerland: HEAL participates at SAICM chemicals OEW