Virtual, public event – moderated by Tamsin Rose. Tuesday, 10 December 2021, 14.00 – 16.00 CET
Pollution harms our health and the environment. It is the largest environmental cause of multiple, often chronic diseases and of early death. Groups most vulnerable are for example children, the elderly and those already ill. According to the latest figures from the World Health Organization and the EEA, one in eight deaths in the EU are attributable to the environment.
The EU Zero Pollution Action Plan, launched May 2021, has the potential to reduce pollution and create a toxic-free environment in the European Union. But concrete action to realise this goal is urgently needed.
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) warmly invites you to join the opening event of our 2021 virtual Members Meeting, during which voices from affected communities and vulnerable groups will testify on the need for better health protection in the EU. Get ready for an exciting panel debate with testimonies from:
- Moms against PFAS – Dr. Laura Facciolo, mother and scientific advisor of the Mamme No PFAS group, Veneto, Italy
- Dutch Longfonds and European Federation of Allergy and Airways Diseases Patients’ Associations (EFA) – Dr. Anne Leendertse
- Phyto-Victimes, Association nationale d’aide aux professionnels victimes des pesticides – Julien Guillard, Vice Président
- Ella Roberta Family Foundation – Rosamund Kissi-Debra, video (UK)
- Human rights, children’s rights – Baskut Tuncak, former UN Special Rapporteur on toxics and human rights, Common Rights
- European Commission – Veronica Manfredi, Director, DG Environment
Followed by a moderated discussion with key questions from moderator, and questions from online audience.
For more information, contact email@example.com.