Help us create a toxic-free environment by 2030 The evidence on how hazardous chemicals and…
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is recruiting a new Senior Communications and Media Officer to support the Health and Chemicals Programme’s media outreach activities, develop and implement effective public communications strategies on chemicals, and build and share compelling stories that help raise public and political awareness on the programme’s priorities.
We are looking for someone who wants to use their expertise to help create a better, healthier world. We specifically need someone who:
- Has a strong media background, with experience in securing media coverage and establishing and developing a network of media contacts,
- Is able to re-package complex or technical content in an accessible format and tell compelling and concise stories, and
- Has native or near native level English writing skills.
Please download the job description for the full list of duties and an outline of our selection criteria.
HEAL is the leading not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects human health in the European Union (EU) and beyond. We work to shape laws and policies that promote planetary and human health and protect those most affected by pollution, and raise awareness on the benefits of environmental action for health. Our alliance brings together over 90 member organisations, representing health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, doctors, nurses, cancer and asthma groups, citizens, women’s groups, youth groups, environmental NGOs, scientists and public health institutes. Members include international and Europe-wide organisations, as well as national and local groups. Please visit our website for more information: www.env-health.org.
What we offer
- A permanent, full-time position (part-time negotiable)
- Location: Brussels
- A competitive salary package, including lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance and a 14th month
- A friendly and supportive multicultural team
- Opportunities to meet and work with environmental and health representatives and other experts at EU and international level
- A flexible working environment
- A pleasant office space in an ethical building located in the heart of Brussels
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. Applications close on Monday 12 September 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a test in the third week of September. Interviews will be held in the last week of September.
HEAL is an equal-opportunities and family-friendly employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates.