Help us create a toxic-free environment by 2030 The evidence on how hazardous chemicals and…
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is recruiting a new Country Engagement Coordinator (Climate and Air) to support our country-level activities in Poland, Turkey and the Western Balkans, leading country-level health engagement activities for clean air in priority countries and leading HEAL’s involvement for knowledge translation and stakeholder engagement in the EU-funded CATALYSE project.
We are looking for someone who wants to use their expertise to help create a better, healthier world. We specifically need someone who:
- Has a strong background in programme management or network coordination, preferably within an NGO setting,
- Has experience leading non-governmental engagement efforts,
- Has experience in drafting funding applications and reporting back to funders, and
- Is able to synthesize a large amount of information into concrete needs and action steps.
Please download the job description for the full list of duties and an outline of our selection criteria.
HEAL is the leading not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects human health in the European Union (EU) and beyond. We work to shape laws and policies that promote planetary and human health and protect those most affected by pollution, and raise awareness on the benefits of environmental action for health. Our alliance brings together over 90 member organisations, representing health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, doctors, nurses, cancer and asthma groups, citizens, women’s groups, youth groups, environmental NGOs, scientists and public health institutes. Members include international and Europe-wide organisations, as well as national and local groups. Browse our website for more information: www.env-health.org.
What we offer
- A one year, full-time position (part-time negotiable), with possible renewal
- Location: ideally Brussels – teleworking from Belgium, Germany or France with occasional travel to Brussels will also be considered
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A friendly and supportive multicultural team
- Opportunities to meet and work with environmental and health representatives and other experts at EU and international level
- A flexible working environment
- A pleasant office space in an ethical building located in the heart of Brussels
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. Applications close on Friday 16 September 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a test by the end of September. Interviews will be held in the first two weeks of October.
HEAL is an equal-opportunities and family-friendly employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates.