This afternoon, the HEAL Poland team, together with 25+ health experts, health organisations and civil society representatives, met Ministry of Climate and Environment Secretary of State Bolesta, to discuss the ongoing revision of the Ambient Air Quality Directive (AAQD), on which negotiators reached a deal last week. Participants included HEAL partners Prof. Michał Krzyżanowski, Prof. Tadeusz Zielonka, Prof. Bolesław Samoliński, Dr Piotr Dąbrowiecki.
HEAL is a signatory of a letter coordinated by 350, calling for a global and financial response to COVID-19 that ensures a just recovery, putting health, fairness, people and solidarity first
Choices we make today will shape our society, economy, health and climate for decades to come.
Signatories of the letter call for a united global response to this COVID-19 pandemic that ensures a just recovery and transition to a better future for those most in need in the wake of this crisis.
Responses at every level must uphold these five principles:
- Put people’s health first, no exceptions.
- Provide economic relief directly to the people.
- Help our workers and communities, not corporate executives.
- Create resilience for future crises.
- Build solidarity and community across borders – do not empower authoritarians.
Read the full letter here