Women for Green Way for Generations (WGWG)
Women for Green Way for Generations were founded in 2001. Their main objectives and activities are as follows:
Mission: WGWG contributes to the sustainable way of people’s living (predominantly women’s and children’s) and to the perception of their rights to be healthy, to have healthy generations and to live in healthy environment.
Activities: educational and enlightening programs; information dissemination; independent monitoring, surveys and scientific investigations; advocacy campaigns and lobbying activities; publications (including e-journal “WGWG-info”); participation in and organisation of round tables, workshops and conferences; involvement of youth in activities of our organisation, etc.
- integrating scientific knowledge and power of community action;
- promoting campaigns with engagement of key local and national stakeholders;
- joining the global experience and partnership to work towards a common solutions and preparing of strategic plans.
The main purpose:
- to raise public awareness about environmental hazards, their impact on human health and biodiversity, as well as about gender issues;
- to promote public participation in decision-making;
- to contribute to the formation of relevant legislation.
Find out more about the Women for Green Way for Generations on their website: www.wgwg.am
Dr. Karine Manukyan
35 Khanjian str., apt. 2
AM - 0001 Yerevan, Armenia