Call for Tender - Consultant on Air Quality and Energy, Turkey
The Health & Environment Alliance (HEAL) currently carries out advocacy work to raise awareness of the health impacts of energy production forms, particularly coal power generation. In our activities, we work closely with health and medical groups, especially in countries where coal is a particular threat to health.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing professional to support outreach and communication with health groups and other stakeholders in Turkey.
HEAL is a leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in the European Union. Our alliance brings together over 65 member organisations, representing health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, doctors, nurses, cancer and asthma groups, citizens, women’s groups, youth groups, environmental NGOs, scientists and public health institutes. Members include international and Europe-wide organisations, as well as national and local groups.
Interested applicants must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- University degree in public health, social sciences, or environment-related issues
- Minimum of three years relevant professional experience
- Native level Turkish, excellent written and spoken English
- Only candidates that work exclusively within the non-profit sector will be considered to avoid potential conflict of interests with clients representing commercial interests.
We’re looking for someone with:
- The ability to quickly synthesize economic, scientific and political issues, and an understanding of public health discussions in Turkey
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter, flexibility and reliability
- Willingness to travel
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out outreach and build up networks with health groups and other stakeholders in Turkey
- Organise workshops and coordinate meetings
- Develop advocacy and communication materials, briefings, letters
The contract will be awarded for work carried out between September 2014 – Feb 2015, for around 8 days a month. The candidate should be based in Turkey (Istanbul or Ankara), working closely with HEAL’s Deputy Director in Brussels.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV with the subject heading “Application Consultant Turkey” to Anne Stauffer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your daily rate, and when you would be able to start.
The letter of motivation should detail why you are interested in the call, why you want to work for a public interest environmental health organisation and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
You can download the ad here