Call for Tender - Communications Support on Air pollution and Health, Poland
The Health & Environment Alliance (HEAL) currently carries out education and advocacy work to raise awareness of the health impacts of energy production forms, particularly coal power generation. In our activities, we work closely with health and medical groups, especially in countries where coal is a particular threat to health.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing professional to support our communication activities in Poland. The successful candidate will work closely with the Air Quality and Energy Team based at HEAL’s Secretariat in Brussels, and the Communications Adviser in an office in Łódź, Poland.
HEAL is a leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in the European Union. Our alliance brings together over 70 member organisations, representing health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, doctors, nurses, cancer and asthma groups, citizens, women’s groups, youth groups, environmental NGOs, scientists and public health institutes. Members include international and Europe-wide organisations, as well as national and local groups.
Interested applicants must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Degree in journalism/communications/environment protection/humanities and documented internship/previous work experience in communications
- Proven experience in writing articles, blogs, working with social media etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Polish
- Only candidates that work exclusively within the non-profit sector will be considered to avoid potential conflict of interests with clients representing commercial interests.
We’re looking for someone with:
- The ability to quickly synthesise economic, scientific and political issues
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter, flexibility and reliability
Responsibilities will include:
- Communications and logistical support for HEAL events in Poland in autumn 2015
- Support for communications tools such as website and social media
- Development and dissemination of media and communication materials, particularly human interest stories
- Outreach and network building with the media and other stakeholders and journalists
The contract will be awarded for work carried out between July and December 2015, for about 20 days a month.
To apply, please send your letter of motivation and CV in English with the subject “Application Communications Support” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 June 2015.
The letter of motivation should detail how your skills and experience are relevant to the job, and when you could start. Please indicate your daily rate as well.
For any questions please contact Weronika Piestrzyńska, Communications Adviser + 48 782 466 88
Download the full job description here