Call for Tender – Consultancy on air quality, energy and health, Serbia
HEAL currently carries out research and advocacy work to raise awareness of the health impacts of energy production, particularly coal power generation. In our activities, we work closely with health and medical groups in countries where coal is a particularly threat to health. This includes Serbia, with a particular emphasis on air pollution as a result of the burning of coal.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing health professional to support our work on advocating for cleaner air and strengthening the capacity of the medical experts in matters of air quality in Serbia. This includes engaging the health sector on the national plan to reduce emissions (Nerpa) as one important policy opportunity in 2015.
HEAL is a leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in the European Union. Our alliance brings together over 70 member organisations, representing health professionals, not-for-profit health insurers, doctors, nurses, cancer and asthma groups, citizens, women’s groups, youth groups, environmental NGOs, scientists and public health institutes. Members include international and Europe-wide organisations, as well as national and local groups.
The call for tender is open to interested individuals from the health and medical sector including public health professionals, experts of clinical medicine, doctors of environmental medicine, pulmonologists, allergists and nurses.
Applicants must fulfill all of the following conditions:
1. Degree in medicine, public health or any health-related field; or current enrolment in these studies (medical student)
2. At least 1 year of relevant professional experience
3. Proven experience in advocacy or communications work (experience in using web & social media a bonus
4. Native level Serbian, and good written and spoken command of English
5. Only candidates that work exclusively within the non-profit or governmental sector will be considered to avoid potential conflict of interests with clients representing commercial interests.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to quickly synthesize economic, scientific and political issues
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter, flexibility and reliability
- Good network of health and medical professionals, particularly at the local level in Serbia
- Contribute to advocacy and awareness-raising in Serbia related to energy and public health
- Exchanges with doctors and patients at local level, particularly in areas of poor air quality
- Exchanges with the Serbian media on air quality and health
The contract will be awarded for work carried out between April and December 2015, for about 15 days in total.
To apply, please send by email (1) your CV in English and (2) a cover letter with your ideas for advocacy activities or experiences from your professional and personal life on why you are motivated to work with health audiences (not longer than 2 pages), as well as your daily rate.
Emails should be addressed to Ms. Vlatka Matkovic Puljic at email@example.com. Please send your expression of interest no later than 3 April 2015.
For any further questions, please contact Vlatka Matkovic Puljijc at firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: vlatka.matkovicpuljic.heal , Tel: +32 2 234 36 42