Call for Tender – Communications Specialist (framework contract)
HEAL is looking for a communications professional to work with the HEAL staff in our ongoing communications, media and press work.
Interested applicants must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing press releases and media dossiers on environment and health policy issues and campaigns at EU level
- Access to proven and comprehensive list of environment and health national and EU media contacts
- Experience in working exclusively with the non-profit sector
- Native English speaker
- Ability to be flexible in agreeing monthly planning dates for carrying out tasks in order to meet HEAL deadlines.
Main responsibilities will include:
- communication and editing support to the HEAL secretariat and member organizations and partners
- press releases preparation and follow up, including media monitoring
- working closely with Communications and Campaign Officer to maintain HEALs network and database base of press and media contacts
- representing HEAL at press and media events
- Proposing and/or preparing journal, newsletter and website articles
- outlining communications material for various activities and holding interviews with stakeholders
- Collection of relevant information and priority issues arising from HEAL’s workplan
- Providing input and implementation support on the organization’s communications strategy
- Other projects as agreed with the Executive Director
The contract offered is a framework contract, which will be awarded for work carried out between 15th March 2015 – 14th March 2016. It will require on average 11 days work per month. The contract may be renewed.
Please send expressions of interest together with your CV and full details regarding these criteria, plus daily rates including overheads and VAT if applicable to Sara Azcona Zabala firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th February 2015, mentioning “Tender for communications expert” in the subject line.